Monday, October 1, 2007

James Greer—Portrait of A Winner at Dr. Sketchy

So I understand you won the “Best 2 Minute Drawing” Contest as judged by the MC, “Ernie Von Schmaltz”. What was your prize?

"A gift certificate from Anne’s Art and Frame," James said.

Which I am sure you will put to good use! What motivated you to attend the Dr. Sketchy event?
“I love Dr. Sketchy’s Anti-Art School movement. I’m also a huge fan of Burlesque. Despite it being a tough schedule for me to maintain I generally attend at least every other event.” James said. Besides, it is good practice: "My Instructors in school drilled into me: Draw, draw, draw, no matter what else you do!”

Artists who want to develop their skills take advantage of every opportunity to practice and Dr. Sketchy allows you to draw exotic models and have fun at the same time.

"I think the event at Coca was one of the more enjoyable that I’ve experienced. The venue was much more conducive to a larger number of attendees and there was magnificent food available at a low cost," James insisted.

Obviously he is a fan.

You can read more about James and his art at his MySpace page at:

www.myspace.com/thefrownclown

Photo of James Greer by Chris Blakeley, visit his website at:

www.blakeleyphotography.com

No comments: