Sunday, April 27, 2008

Graffiti Mosaics by Luke McGuff

Local Photographer Luke McGuff captures the beauty in what most of us pay little attention to. His Graffiti Mosaics series is a great example of his ability to artistically frame the visual expressions that mark our urban landscape.


Ballard, Seattle May, 2006 Displayed at Ouch My Eye in Pioneer Square during April, as part of their X-ActoMundo show.





Belltown, Seattle 10 September 2006 110"w x 34"h Displayed at Cafe Verite/Cupcake Royale in Ballard.



Airport Way So., Seattle 13 August 2006


"I like the vibrancy and color of graffiti, and its declaration of existence. I think compositing honors the source medium. With this technique, I attempt to add some life and vibrancy of my own."

These pictures were taken beginning April, 2006.

You can see more of Luke's photography at his Flickr site or at his web site.

No comments: